Do you want to know how to set up voicemail on android? Do you want to know how do I activate voicemail on android? Or do you want to know how do I activate my voicemail? Or you want to know, where is the voicemail app on my android phone?
Or do you want to how to set up a voicemail on Samsung galaxy? All these questions are closely related to the subject matter of this article, and we shall be doing all our best to ensure that we answer these questions completely and effectively.
This article is a rather practical one. We shall be considering a lot of questions that are instrumental to the proper understanding of this topic. That is why we consider this approach as being practical. By addressing the questions, we shall be addressing the individual concerns the users have with the topic.
Most of the questions raised are related, so we shall answer the ones that are similar, and other questions. Also, we shall be looking at how to set up voicemail on android for various other devices like At&t, Verizon, and Samsung. This article will be really practical completely.
What is Voicemail?
Before we go ahead and look at how to set up voicemail on android, it is important that we look at what voicemail really is. Most people do not really know what voicemail is or its historical background. So, we shall be giving a brief background of the subject matter, so as to enable us to understand it completely and more effectively.
Voicemail, which is also known as a voice message, is a framework that permits clients and endorsers to trade individual voice messages; to choose and convey voice data; and to handle exchanges identifying with people, associations, items, and administrations, utilizing a conventional telephone.
The term is additionally utilized all the more comprehensively to signify any arrangement of passing on a put-away media communications voice messages, including utilizing a replying mail. Most PDA administrations offer voicemail as a fundamental element; numerous corporate private branch trades incorporate flexible inner voice-informing administrations, and so on.
The term “voicemail” originated from Televoice International, which later became known as Voicemail International (V.M.I), for their presentation of the principal US-wide Voicemail administration in 1980.
In spite of the fact that Voicemail International reserved the term, it, in the long run, turned into a conventional term for mechanized voice administrations utilizing a phone. Voicemail notoriety proceeds with today with Internet telephone utilities, for example, Skype, Google Voice, and ATT that coordinate voice, voicemail, and text administrations for tablets and cell phones.
It is important that we considered this brief background of the subject matter because it can serve also serve as an additional intellectual advantage, that can assist you in completely understanding the topic and its subject matter, which will ultimately come in handy when you would have to explain it to someone else out there who may not have outstanding knowledge of the concept.
How do I Set Up Voicemail on Android?
This section is actually the most important of this article. We shall be looking at how you can successfully set up your voicemail on your android device. The step here does not reflect on all android devices, only those that are hosted by Google. So, it is important to ensure that your device is supported by Google before you take this step. In case it is not, hold still as we shall also be listing the steps of other operating systems under android.
For the steps to set up voicemail on android (Google), take a look at the steps below:
- Download the Google voice app on Play store and install it
- Open the app after successfully installing it
- On the top left, tap on the menu (≡) button.
- When the menu list drops, click on Setting
- Here, at the Voicemail link, tap on voicemail greeting
- Record your unique voicemail greeting by tapping on Record a greeting
- When you are ready to record, tap on record
- When you are done, tap on stop
- Choose what you want to do with the recording like play, redo, or save.
Now that you have successfully seen how to set up voicemail on android devices hosted by Google, let us look at how you can do this for other devices.
How to Set Up Voicemail for Samsung
To successfully set up voicemail for your Samsung, kindly follow the steps that would be listed below:
- Tap on the three-dotted option in the top right corner of your screen
- There, tap on Settings
- Then, kindly tap on Voicemail
- After that, tap on Advanced settings
- Then, go ahead and tap on Setup
- Tap on Voicemail number
- Enter your phone number
- After this, tap on OK and tap on your home key to return to the main menu
How to Set up Voicemail on Cricket Android Phone
- Open the app on your device
- After that, tap on Begin Setup
- Enter and confirm your device password
- After that, tap on Continue
- Next, set up your Greeting
- When you have successfully completed this, tap on Finish setup
How to Set up Voicemail on Android AT&T
- On your device, long-press 1 which is the default voicemail key, or do that for the voicemail key if it is not 1
- Select the language you prefer
- You will be required to create a 7 – 15 digit password
- After this, select the greeting you prefer
- Finally, listen to the voicemail tutorial to complete your set up
How to Set up Verizon Voicemail on Android
- Call *89 from your device or the 10-digit phone number from another phone. Where a system greeting is played, press # to interrupt the greeting
- Go through the instruction to choose your desired language then tap on # to confirm your choice
- If you are required, enter your password and press #
- When prompted, say the signature and press #
- To confirm the signature, tap on #
- Say the greeting, if prompted, and press #
- Confirm the greeting by pressing #
How To Delete Downloads On Android
Facetime For Android App – Facetime Android To iphone App
How To Clear System Cache On Android
How To Restore Deleted Icons On Android
Best XBOX 360 Emulator For PC – XBOX Emulator For PC
Phone Says No Sim Card Android Device – What To Do
Headphone Jack Not Working PC – How To Fix It [Solution]
Laptop Speakers Not Working – How To Fix It
How to Clean A Laptop Fan – Perfect Ways To Clean PC Fan
Computer Not Recognizing Headphones Windows 7, 10 – How To Fix It
Hope you have gotten the best ideas for how to set up voicemail on Andriod? You can actually go through any of the information we released above to help you deal with whatever related issue that you have with the subject matter.
If you have any questions, please use the comment box below to notify us. My team is ready to answer you.