Do you want to know how do you find deleted history on iPhone? Do you want to find out how can you see deleted history? Or you want to find out how do you find deleted history on Safari? Then look no further.
This article helps to solve these problems for you, and so much more. This is why we highly recommend that you sit back and go through this article as we shall be showing you all you need to know.
Some people would tend to wonder, why is your browser history really important? Is it so important that you would want to recover or find it back? What makes it so special? And so on.
The truth is when you know the value of a thing, you would strive to get it back when you lose it. This is the clear explanation for the questions raised above, as the browser history is completely invaluable.
However, irrespective of how invaluable it can be, it can also be easily erased, either deliberately or non-deliberately. The reason for this can be either to save space, or make the browser more efficient.
Nevertheless, despite it being easy to be deleted, you can also easily retrieve your deleted browser deleted. As impossible as it may sound to you, this is completely possible and totally foreseeable.
How, you may ask, but that is why this article exists. We shall be answering the basic question of how do you find deleted history on iPhone. So, sit tight and go through the article.
Before we go right into it, let us quickly look at other important aspects of this topic, like the importance of browser history. Maybe from the explanations we shall be showing you, you will understand why we really need to embark on retrieving ours if it is deleted.
What is the importance of browser history?
Before we go ahead and look at how do you find deleted history on iPhone, let us quickly look at what makes browser history so important. We stated earlier that they are invaluable, so we shall be showing you how they are so important.
The importance of browser history include:
- Keeps record
- Easy navigation
- For History
We shall be looking at this importance carefully so that you can actually see things from our standpoint and understand why the browser history is actually important.
- Keeps Record. The obvious fact people fail to understand about your search history is the fact that they come in handy when you need to keep certain records, especially records that are accessible from the internet.
Before we go on to look at how do you find deleted history on iPhone, let us quickly look at how the keeping of records constitutes an important aspect of browser history. I will share a personal experience with you to this effect. During one particular semester in school, we were asked to carry out a group project.
Every one of us had little or no knowledge about the subject in question, and the online information we got on the issue was pretty limited and did little or nothing to solve our assignment. The breakthrough came after I had casually gone through my browser history in search of something totally different when I mistakenly hit one of the historical links and this took me to a particular page I had mistakenly searched for in the past.
This webpage contained the information we needed for the assignment, as the reason we could not find it in the first place was that this particular section is more like a subsection in the whole article.
The message here is not that you should save your history because it would help you ace your assignments (hahaha), the message here is that you should not be in a haste to always clear it as you can relatively find important information which has become more of a record in your browser history.
- Easy Navigation. Ever been in a position where you want to quickly access a webpage but you feel the process is going to be rigorous? Well, we have all been there. Before we go on to look at how do you find deleted history on iPhone, let us quickly look at how easy navigation constitutes an important aspect of browser history.
What many may not know is that when you leave a particular webpage abruptly, it takes some processes to get back to as you have to resume the search from the beginning to get back to where you left off.
However, with the search history at your disposal, you can actually easily go to be the page you want to go to without any stress that comes with having to search the page again. Even if you remember the website of the page, that would still not afford you the necessary help you need, as there are a lot of numbers and symbols you will also have to input to get to that particular webpage. So, just to save you the stress, quickly access the webpage via the easy navigation available through your search history.
- For History. Another importance of browser history we have to look at before we look at how do you find deleted history on iPhone, is that your browser history helps you with archiving your history, or whatever important information that you would need on a later date. Just like for record sake, your browser history helps you to retain certain information that would come in handy on a latter day. This is why you should be less reluctant to easily delete it or erase it. Just because you may have gone through a webpage and found it to have served your purpose does not mean the shelf life has expired. You may need it at a later date and what happens if you can no longer find it by then? It is therefore important that you take your search history seriously, and not just consider it as just mere junk that occupies space.
Now that we have successfully discussed how important your browser history is, let us quickly look at how do you find deleted history on iPhone.
How do you find deleted history on iPhone?
Now, let us look at the main bulk of the article which is how do you find deleted history on iPhone. The process involved with this is classified into various options so that you can choose between either of them.
These options are available so that you have the liberty of choosing which of them benefits you. We would not want to impose any of the options on you, so you have the chance of choosing between any of them.
Basically, the following options are available for you to choose from in other to answer the question of how do you find deleted history on your iPhone:
- View deleted history in your iPhone or iPad settings directly
- Recover deleted browser history on iPhone/iPad without backup
- Restore browser history from iCloud web
- Preview and recover browser history and bookmark respectively from iCloud web backup
- Preview and recover browser history on iPhone using iTunes backup
Now, let us quickly look at these options individually to find out the various steps involved in undertaking the process under the options listed above.
- View deleted history in iPhone or iPad settings directly. The steps involved in this procedure or option are quite simple to use. The following steps include:
- Kindly go the Settings on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Scroll down to the list of options available and tap on Safari
- Go to the bottom of the options available there on Safari and tap on Advanced
- Tap on Website Data in the next section to view some of the deleted history links or bookmarks there.
- Recover deleted browser history on iPhone/iPad without backup. To achieve this, you will have to rely on a third-party app to help you with the preview and recovery of the deleted history. To do this, we recommend that you use Gihost as it has been dubbed the best recovery software for iOS devices. To achieve this, the steps required includes:
- Download and run the iPhone recovery software and tap to select Safari Bookmark in the start up screen, and click on Next
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the desktop, and when it has been recognized, click on Next to start the scanning of bookmarks and deleted browsing history.
- Upon the complete running of the search, preview the search results and if they are what you want, kindly click on Recover to retrieve the lost data.
- Preview and recover browser history and bookmark respectively from iCloud web backup. The steps involved here is quite simple. All you have to do is the following:
- Kindly sign in to your iCloud settings by simply clicking here
- Here, scroll down and when you get to Advanced, click on Restore Bookmarks
- Kindly select the archive you wish to restore and click on Restore.
- Note: You can only restore the bookmarks if they are deleted within 30 days.
- Preview and recover browser history and bookmark respectively from iCloud web backup. The steps involved include:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Kindly go through the steps involved in the setup and choose Restore from iCloud Backup in the Apps & Data screen.
- Sign in to iCloud and go on to choose a backup that contains your deleted browsing history and restore it.
- Preview and recover browser history on iPhone using iTunes backup. To achieve this, kindly follow the steps below:
- Kindly connect your iPhone to your computer via USB and open iTunes. For Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder.
- Click on the iPhone icon as it appears on iTunes or Finder respectively, and click on Restore Backup
- Choose the backup file that contains your deleted information and click on Restore.
Hope you have gotten the best ideas for how do you find deleted history on iPhone?You can actually go through any of the information we released above to help you deal with whatever related issue that you have with the subject matter.
If you have any questions, please use the comment box below to notify us. My team is ready to answer you.